So I survived fine and well my very first ever earthquake. It happened yesterday 1/9/10 at about 4:28 pm and registered as a 6.5. My parents and I ended up outside while it finished shaking about...now they didn't have these things in Arizona. This blog is supposed to be all about me and with pictures of me pretty much only ..but this is something I did experience so it is worth while to be on here as well. Our living room wall/ fireplace is now separated from the house and there is quite a bit of debris and drafts coming in. So I now have a full fledged play room in my bedroom where I am out of the unstable dirty area. These pictures really do no justice to the damage by any means. I held in pretty well while I got scooped up and ran with. I didn't cry or scream..although I am slightly shaken by some things here and there that normally don't bother me..it will just take some time to get over all the shock of it all. Here are a few pictures of some of the damages. There is a picture of one of the smaller cracks that leads from the inside to the outside of the house (it is the one with the light coming through). You can also see the roof separated quite a bit from the house itself. I have been hanging in there very well like a good little girl while my parents clean up stucco, glass, ceiling pieces and such debris.
This is the story about the lives of Elena and Ian. Big sister and little brother. All family and friends come along for their journey. Watch them grow and progress all along the way.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
My 1st Earthquake
So I survived fine and well my very first ever earthquake. It happened yesterday 1/9/10 at about 4:28 pm and registered as a 6.5. My parents and I ended up outside while it finished shaking about...now they didn't have these things in Arizona. This blog is supposed to be all about me and with pictures of me pretty much only ..but this is something I did experience so it is worth while to be on here as well. Our living room wall/ fireplace is now separated from the house and there is quite a bit of debris and drafts coming in. So I now have a full fledged play room in my bedroom where I am out of the unstable dirty area. These pictures really do no justice to the damage by any means. I held in pretty well while I got scooped up and ran with. I didn't cry or scream..although I am slightly shaken by some things here and there that normally don't bother me..it will just take some time to get over all the shock of it all. Here are a few pictures of some of the damages. There is a picture of one of the smaller cracks that leads from the inside to the outside of the house (it is the one with the light coming through). You can also see the roof separated quite a bit from the house itself. I have been hanging in there very well like a good little girl while my parents clean up stucco, glass, ceiling pieces and such debris.